microLAN specialist in early warning systems for water quality monitoring
microLAN, based in Waalwijk, The Netherlands, is a company specialized in early warning systems for water quality monitoring, based on light measurements. microLAN has developed a full range of fully automated online monitoring devices for guarding the quality of drinking, surface and process waters. microLAN now supplies three complementary systems that detect Algae, Bacteria and Chemical-Toxicity pollutions.
microLAN’s online monitors instantly response to a change in water quality, giving an alarm signal to indicate a possible water pollution.
The devices are in use by water utilities and industries all around the world that take in surface water and want to monitor the water quality in the production and throughout the distribution network.
The advantage of microLAN’s monitoring instruments is that the water is guarded permanently, avoiding the need for a high frequent collection of water samples and lab analyses.
A possible pollution is detected quickly, allowing the operator to take appropriate action immediately and prevent further damage to customers and the environment.
The newly developed BACTcontrol detects the presence of bacteria activity – including E.coli and
coliforms – in water. The online monitoring is based on an Enzymatic reaction that makes the bacteria
visible for fluorescence detection. References of users include water supply companies, environmental laboratories and operators of bathing facilities throughout Europe.
The company conducts research and development through collaborations with customers and specialized research organizations focusing on new technologies and geared to market demand. Its current products, which include the iTOXcontrol monitor and the ALGcontrol for monitoring algae species and bio-toxins, enables microLAN to provide quick, sensitive, environmentally-friendly and cost effective monitoring solutions.
Our company focuses on:
- high level of applications support: work closely with the key end-users
- marketing though technical seminars & newsletters
- high level of customer support through customer trainings and workshops
- quick and adequate supply of parts and reagents.
Our applications for the TOXcontrol are:
- river monitoring
- drinking water intake protection
- raw water / production water monitoring
- influent / effluent monitoring
- process water monitoring for food production
Our customer group consists of:
- Environmental laboratories & waste management industry
- Drinking-, waste- and surface water authorities
- Environmental research institutes
- Petrochemical industry
- Drinking water production
- Food & beverage industry
- Paper & pulp production
- Energy production